“This is the best bread pudding I’ve ever eaten! My husband wants me to make it every weekend for Sunday brunch.” – Cherry
Original link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/23761/bread-pudding-with-whiskey-sauce/
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 2 1/2 cups milk
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup whiskey
• Prep: 20 m
• Cook: 1 h
• Ready In: 1 h 20 m
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan.
• In a large bowl, stir together eggs, butter, vanilla and milk. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
• Place bread cubes in bottom of prepared pan. Pour liquid over bread, fully saturating all bread. Sprinkle pecans on top.
• Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until golden. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream and whiskey in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is gently boiling. Pour sauce over baked bread pudding and serve.
• Alter as you choose… more whiskey, more cream will make it less dry for sure…
This gallery contains 3 photos.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bites
recipe barely adapted from New Nostalgia via I Hear Exercise Will Kill You
Yield: 24 bars or 60+ bite size pieces
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil (unrefined is important here for the coconut flavor)
2 cups rolled oats (not instant oats)
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/4 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: toasted coconut for topping
Melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a medium size saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently as the mixture melts. When it has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients are well combined.
Pour into an 8×8 pan (9×13 is fine well). Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, at least 3-4 hours. Slice into 1″-2″ square pieces. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons margarine
3 large eggs
1 cup selfraising flour
2 ml baking powder
pinch of salt
¼ cup (60 ml) milk
1 small tin(385 g) of tart apples
1½ cup sugar
¼ cup brandy
1 tablespoon margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup of water
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Beat together the margarine and sugar while adding the eggs one by one. Beat well. Sift the the flour, baking powder, salt to the margarine mixture. Slowly add the milk. Add the apples and mix well. Pour into greased tart dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes untill light brown and done.
Mix the sauce ingredients together. While stirring continuously heat to boiling point. Pour the hot sauce slowly over the apple tart as soon as it comes out of the oven.